Tuesday, April 25, 2017

April 24, 2017

Hello Fam!

  I'll just get right to it I guess...
   On Monday night after pday ended we went to a family home evening with the family we've been reactivating (familia Bello) and almost the whole ward showed up (that may be an overstatement but there were maybe like 15 members there).  It was really good.  We shared a message of the restoration and after we played a fun game that everyone could participate in.  Also in that family is Yoheyli, one of our most positive investigators (the one that fell asleep last week and didn't go to church).  

   On Tuesday I had to go into Managua to renew my ID.  It was good.  We stopped at Pricesmart on the way back and I ate WAY too much (ice cream, a tres leches, chicken wings, a chicken bake, pizza, and fries). After that it was hard to even walk.  

   On Wednesday we had a pretty normal day.  It was kind of boring because of ward council and mission correlation with Elgim, the ward mission leader.  

   On Thursday we went back to Managua to do divisions with the APs.  It was really hot in Managua.  It was kind of a crazy day because they had to run some errands in the truck and we got to go with them.  It was really nostalgic to drive through San Judas again.  I realized that San Judas has been the area on my mission that felt most like home to me.  I love that place.  I worked with Elder Kendrick (we go way back, from the times of Masatepe).  It was good.  

   On Friday we got back from Managua and had District Meeting.  It was good as always.  Sometimes when we get a lot of missionaries together in the chapel like that though I feel like a babysitter.  It's ok though.  Afterwards we visited a lot of our investigators and made sure everything was good for Michel's baptism.  About his name, the spelling Maycol was given to me by the missionaries that previously taught him.   I didn't find out until I was filling out his baptismal record that it's actually spelled Michel, pronounced Michael (sorry if anyone got confused).  

   On Saturday we visited investigators and stuff and had Michel's baptism.  A priest that he works with baptized him and it was a good service.  And there was water and we didn't have to call the fire department!  

    On Sunday all of Nicaragua was watching the clasico betweent Barza and Madrid.  Go Barza!  Michel got confirmed no problem.  Also, an 8 yr old kid, Moises came to church with a member family.  He's been church enough and has had all the teachings for a while and we technically couldn't have baptized him for a while but the ward wanted us to wait until there was a better solution for him to come to church regularly because his mom doesn't support him too much.  Now that he can come with the member family every week to church we plan on baptizing him this week.  All of the rest of our investigators didn't come to church for whatever reason.  Yoheyli disappeared to the market and didn't come (but her family did).
   
    On Thursday the senior couple will be inspecting the houses in our zone.  I have a LOT of cleaning to do :/

  Well, I hope you have a great week!  I love you!

Elder Smith



Michel is the one on the right.  My smile is good because I got another missionary to do the cheek thing behind the camera.




Today we played soccer and in honor of Barza's victory we all wore our Barza shirts.

Also I forgot to mention, on Wednesday morning we did a zone service project and helped some members start building their house and digging their out-house.  It was awesome. 








  

No comments:

Post a Comment